Insurance adjusters with an active licence in Ontario can transfer their sponsorship to a new adjusting firm.
You will need to contact your current sponsor and your new sponsor to coordinate the transfer.
How the adjusting firms process a transfer
1. Your current sponsor will initiate the process by terminating your licence.
- Ask your current sponsor to email a termination letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This will end your connection to the old adjusting firm.
2. Your new sponsor will need to submit a new application.
- Download the Insurance Adjuster Application.
- Right click on the link and choose Save link as to download the PDF to your computer or drive.
- Fill out the application electronically.
- You will need to re-verify your suitability to have a licence and confirm you meet all the requirements.
- Ask your adjusting firm to fill out Part D (Notice of Appointment).
- Your adjusting firm can submit the completed form to email@example.com.
There is no fee to transfer between two sponsoring adjusting firms.
My licence is inactive. Can I transfer to a new sponsor?
You can only transfer to a new sponsor if your licence has not expired. If you want to reinstate your licence, go to Reinstate my insurance adjuster licence.