If you have a complaint about a loan and trust company in Ontario, follow the steps below to ensure as prompt a resolution as possible.

1. File a grievance with the loan and trust company

If possible, attempt to file and solve your grievance directly with your loan and trust company. Find their contact information and ask how to file a formal complaint.

2. File a complaint with FSRA

If you are unable to resolve your grievance directly with the loan and trust company, you can file a formal complaint with FSRA by mail, or email.

Complaint Form

Please include a description of the problem, including all facts and documentation you may have, along with a letter, or letters, from the loan and trust company explaining their position.

Email: contactcentre@fsrao.ca

Mailing address:
Market Conduct Regulation Branch
Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA)
25 Sheppard Avenue West, Suite 100
Toronto, ON 
M2N 6S6

If you require additional assistance, please contact us during regular business hours (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)

Tel: 416-250-7250
Toll free: 1-800-668-0128