To support insurance agent candidates during the COVID-19 pandemic, FSRA has approved online delivery of licensing exams and extended the validity period of Life Licence Qualification Program (LLQP) exam results for certain candidates.
You can find more information by visiting: Insurance agent licensing exams available online
The LLQP course is a prerequisite to the LLQP exam, and must be administered through an approved course provider. It is available in English and French, with fees set by the individual course providers.
While all course providers cover the same curriculum, they may offer instruction in different formats including classroom learning, correspondence, or online learning. Course duration is approximately 100 hours, although completion time may vary widely from student to student.
Approved course providers
- Advocis (with Foran Financial Institute)
- Business Career College
- Canadian Securities Institute (CSI)
- College for Financial Professions
- Combined Insurance Company of America
- iA Groupe Financie
- IFSE Institute
- La Capitale Financial Security Insurance Company
- Oliver Publishing
- President's Academy
- Primerica Life Insurance Company of Canada
- Real Estate and Mortgage Institute of Canada (REMIC)
- Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
- Sun Life Financial
Does your company want to become an approved LLQP course provider?
About the LLQP exam
The LLQP exam is comprised of four modules that cove the curriculum outlined in the qualifying course. It is administered by Durham College. In order to take the exam you must present a certificate of completion of the LLQP course. (Note: These certificates are valid for only one year after passing your exam. If you fail to pass the exam within a year, you will need to redo the qualifying course.)
The cost of the exam is $264, which allows for one attempt at all 4 exam modules. If you fail, separate fees will be charged for subsequent rewrites.
LLQP exam re-write policy
Before obtaining your licence you will need to pass all four modules of the LLQP exam.
- If you fail any of the modules, rewrite are available, with the following conditions:
- If you fail the same module three times, you will need to wait three months before your next rewrite
- If you fail a fourth time, you wall need to wait an additional three months before your next rewrite
- If you fail a fifth time, you will need to wait six months before your next rewrite, and six more months for each subsequent rewrite, if any are required
Please note that waiting periods apply only to individual exam modules, not the entire exam.
How to Submit Feedback on the Life Licence Qualification Program (LLQP)
- If you have questions or comments related to the administration of the LLQP exam in Ontario (e.g., release of exam marks, exam facilities, supplies, personnel or the registration process) please email the exam administrator, Durham College, at LLQP.ADMIN@Durhamcollege.ca. Include your Canadian Insurance Participant Registry (CIPR) number, your first and last name, along with a description of your concern or question.
- If you have questions or comments related to the content of the LLQP reference materials or specific content in the licensing exam, please email the Canadian Insurance Services Regulatory Organizations (CISRO) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your Canadian Insurance Participant Registry (CIPR) number, your first and last name, along with a description of your concern or question.
- Information on how CISRO analyzes, responds to feedback and resolves LLQP issues can be found on its website at www.cisro-ocra.com/llqp.html.
- For other inquiries related to LLQP, please email email@example.com.