1. File a grievance with your mortgage brokerage, broker, agent or administrator

Often, the fastest way to find a resolution is to file and resolve your grievance directly with your mortgage brokerage, agent or administrator.

2. Ask them for a written response

If you are unable to resolve your complaint directly, ask your mortgage broker or administrator to provide their final position in writing.

3. File a complaint with FSRA

If you would like to continue to pursue your complaint, or believe your mortgage brokerage, broker, agent or administrator has broken the Mortgage Broker Law, file a complaint with FSRA using our Complaint Form.

4. Send FSRA PDFs or printouts of the following:

  • Completed Complaint Form
  • Your mortgage broker or administrator’s written response
  • Any supporting documentation that may support your complaint

If sending by mail, address your complaint to:

Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA)
Licensing & Market Conduct Division
Mortgage Brokerage/Administrator Complaints 
25 Sheppard Avenue West, Suite 100
Toronto, ON 
M2N 6S6

Complaints about activities prior to July 1, 2008

If you have a complaint about a mortgage business activity that took place before July 1, 2008, please follow all of the steps above, minus step 2. Mortgage brokerages and administrators are not required by law to provide a written response for complaints about activities that occurred before July 1, 2008.

Need help?

For additional information, or assistance in filing a complaint, call:
Tel: 416-250-7250
Toll free: 1-800-668-0128