If you have a complaint about a pension plan in Ontario, follow the steps below to ensure as prompt a resolution as possible.

1. File a grievance with the pension plan administrator

If possible, attempt to first resolve the issue directly with your pension plan administrator. Find their contact information and send them a written copy of your complaint.

2. File a complaint with FSRA

If you are unable to resolve the issue directly with your pension plan administrator, write to us for assistance.

Email: contactcentre@fsrao.ca

Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA)
Pension Division
25 Sheppard Avenue West, Suite 100
Toronto, ON 
M2N 6S6

What to include:

Please include a description of the problem, including all facts and documentation you may have received from the pension plan administrator. Note also that the Pension Benefits Act and privacy legislation require that FSRA have your consent before sharing any information with your pension plan administrator. Please include a letter of consent, authorizing FSRA to represent you, along with your letter.

If you require additional assistance, please contact us during regular business hours (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)

Tel: 416-250-7250
Toll free: 1-800-668-0128

Federally regulated pensions

FSRA does not deal with issues related to pension plans in federally regulated industries, such as banks, airlines, railways, etc. If your pension plan is regulated by the federal government, visit the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions.