Effective immediately, cheques are no longer payable to the Minister of Finance. Please make all cheques/money orders payable to the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA).
If you are a service provider that submits OCF-21 forms through Health Claims for Auto Insurance (HCAI), you must be licensed by FSRA in order to invoice and receive payment directly from auto insurers for listed expenses.
How licences are issued
Licenses for service providers are issued at the business or legal entity level (e.g., sole proprietorship, corporation, partnership). This means only one licence is needed for all facilities, branches or locations operated by a service provider.
Ready to apply?
Complete our application check list
Before submitting your application, ensure that you have fulfilled all the following:
- Your business, including all branches, locations and facilities, are registered, enrolled and in good standing in HCAI
- You have appointed a principal representative who will be responsible for ensuring the business complies with licensing requirements, to complete the application and attestation Note:
This could be yourself, if you are a sole proprietor
Please also ensure you have all the following information. You will be required to submit some or all during the application process.
- An Ontario mailing address that can receive registered mail (not a PO box)
- Email address
- Names, addresses and registration numbers for all facilities, branches or locations registered with HCAI
- Articles of Incorporation or partnership agreements, if applicable
- CRA business number
- Ontario business registration number, if applicable
- Contact information, and unique email addresses, for all officers, directors or partners, if applicable
- The total number of regulated and unregulated practitioners, by profession
Who can apply
In order to apply, you must be a:
- Sole proprietor
- Director or officer (Corporation)
- Partner of a business (Partnership)
- General partner, director or officer of a corporation that is a also general partner (Limited partnership)
Start a new application
Start a new application for a:
Complete an existing application
Login to your account now to complete an application you have already started.
When applying for a licence, there are two fees you will need to pay:
1. One-time licence application fee of $337
This fee covers the cost of assessing the application to determine whether or not you qualify for a licence.
2. Annual regulatory fee
This fee covers the cost of regulating the service provider sector. It varies depending on the size and nature of your business.
How it is calculated:
$15 multiplied (x) by the total number of unique statutory accident benefit claimants for whom you have received payment in the calendar year prior to your application.
$128 multiplied (x) by your total number of business locations, at the time the application is made.
Please note: Regulatory fees are prorated based on a fiscal year cycle starting April 1, ending March 31.